Friday, January 1, 2010

How to Set Your New Year’s Resolution in Motion and Make it Stick




Many of us begin a new year by setting a New Year resolution to lose weight.  However for many of us a weight loss resolution is not something that is new to us; we have attempted it several times and failed.  Failed due to not enough support, lack of accountability or our goals not clearly defined with action steps to insure success. 


When you decide you want to reach a goal there are certain steps that you should follow.  These steps are your action plan and key to weight loss success.


The first step is that you need to define clearly what your goal is.  Example: “I want to lose 55 pounds by September 30, 2010”.


The second step is then writing out different steps you will take to insure you meet your goal:  

Example :

  • I will work out 4 x’s per week (30 minutes minimum at a high intensity)
  • I will only weigh myself weekly
  • I will write down everything I eat in my journal
  • Insure I am eating the proper nutrition daily (water, fruits, vegtables, etc)
  • Hire a weight loss coach to hold me accountable
  • Hire a personal trainer once per week to get pointers and suggestions with my exercise
  • Find a workout buddy
  • Tell my closest friends/family about your New Year's resolution for support and encouragement
Also by writing your goal down with the specific steps it can enhance the effect and momentum of your goal and overall success.


Thirdly, post your goals somewhere prominent within your home, bathroom mirror, refrigerator, next to your computer monitor in your office/study.  This way you are continuously reading your goals daily over and over and you won’t forget the New Year resolution you set for yourself.

Last but not least….TAKE ACTION by incorporating these steps into your every day life and you will see steady changes within your body and mind.

To Your Weight Loss Success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment